Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Stars Are Almost Right...

Alright, how many of you were expecting a Cthulhu-related post? Be honest.... Much better.

In reality, the topic on my mind at the moment has been splitting away from my mother. This theme has been running through my mind for a while, but it has been reaching a new intensity over the past few days. I can see it, clearer than day, and it seems like an eventuality to me instead of just a dream like it had been before.

In months and years past, I was too terrified to even think about this as a close possibility. Now, I am alive with the excitement of what could happen if I get the courage to open my mouth at the right time..... It could be beautiful, like fireworks or a volcanic eruption, or it could be easier, like water breaching a weak wall.

___

On another note (literally), NYSSMA is coming up fast. In two and a half weeks, I will be preforming in front of a judge in three different disciplines. I will again be playing a French Horn solo, and it will be joined by a woodwind quintet piece and a vocal solo! I feel prepared for all of these things, and for the first time, I am not nervous entering crunch time for NYSSMA. It's a nice feeling, to be sure.

___

"Somewhere"

Out there, deep within the ominous
Purple of the gathering storm, a
Child cries for help, grasping with both hands at
Something that has abandoned them
Forever.
Past the windswept slopes of snowcapped
Mountains, a white rabbit lies torn, red
Lifeblood dripping on the thick
Snow.
Under the waves of a stormy
Sea, a creature is torn, body
Drifting in currents it no longer
Commands.
Somewhere, life is changed irreparably.
Somewhere, a life such as mine is considered
Calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment