Monday, May 23, 2011

Huzza For Stress!

Today in chorus, one of my best friends I have known almost my entire life almost passed out on the risers. Yes, you read that right. Almost passed out.
What really gets me about this whole thing is that nobody but me helped her when she fell. Nobody! The teacher had to deal with two boys who were causing a huge distraction, and didn't notice until my friend and I called out to her.

I have a very strong emotional connection to all of my close friends and family, and I have two reactions when they get sick or are hurt. One is to stay with them until they feel like they can deal with the world as a functioning human being, or, if I am not able to stay with them, I get extraordinarily tense to the point where I feel like I need to rip someone's arms out of their sockets to relieve the stress. I wasn't able to stay with her today, and was forced to use the second reaction, but couldn't find a way to relieve the stress, so I've just bottled it up for release later. Absolutely crappy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment